Last Updated 5/25/18
GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP is the owner of this web site and is committed to the responsible management of consumer information. Internet user privacy is important to us.
On GeminiShippers.com we will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (name, address, telephone number or email address) unless you send it to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it on our site.
By submitting your email address to us, you consent to the receipt of periodic mailings from GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP with information on events within the organization, new issues, press releases, and related matters. Our mailings will normally contain instructions on how you can remove your name from our mailing list. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13.
It is our policy not to sell, loan, rent, give or barter any part of your personal information to any person or entity which is not part of, or otherwise affiliated with, GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP.
If you have already submitted your information and would like us to remove it from our files, please contact us at: info@GeminiShippers.com
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Our web server automatically recognizes each visitor’s domain, type of Internet browser, type of computer operating system, and the domain name of the Web site from which they arrived at the site. This non-personally identifiable information is collected automatically, used for internal review, and then discarded.
On 25 May 2018 a new European privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), comes into force. It imposes new rules on companies, government agencies, non-profits, and other organizations which offer goods and services to EU individuals or which collect and analyze their data. The GDPR applies no matter where the data is processed and where the organization processing data is physically located. It is meant to strengthen users rights in light of fast technological developments and increased globalization of business operations involving any form of processing personal data.
The GDPR regulates the “processing” of personal data for EU individuals, which includes collection, storage, transfer, or use. The term “personal data” is very broad under new regulation and extends to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (a “data subject”).
The GDPR also expands the concept of sensitive data (personal data revealing: racial/ethnic origin, political/religious etc views, trade union membership, health, sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and biometric data).
GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP can assure its users that it does not process any of such sensitive data.
GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP is committed to comply with EU data protection regulation and provides its EU users with a number of important assurances, such as the following:
- We will keep Your data within GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- Some of our trusted third parties may need to transfer personal data overseas. Being responsible for its users personal data, GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP always ensures that Your data remains protected and secure when being transferred.
- GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP will process Your data only in accordance with legitimate purpose, i.e. to provide and improve our services. GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP follows Your instructions regarding storage and processing of Your data. Importantly, the consent given by You to be provided with information about a variety of products and services GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP offers can be withdrawn at any time.
- GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP users have the “right to be forgotten”, which means the right to require that GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP erases personal data about You in certain conditions, including if the personal data is no longer necessary for the original purpose of the processing or if the data subject withdraws consent for the processing.
- You will now also have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive the personal data that You have provided to GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP has and will maintain technical and organizational measures to ensure security of Your data.
- GEMINI SHIPPERS GROUP will notify You of a security incident without undue delay after becoming aware of the security incident.